The Club Management section of the District 4 website is dedicated to assisting club officers in fulfilling their roles. The main areas of the Club Management section include:
Club officers work together as a team with one of their most important activities being to set goals for the club. From defining vision, mission and value statements to creating a Club Success Plan, there are several activities involved in making your club successful.
The main reason that most members decide to join a club is to improve their speaking and leadership skills. This is the main reason for the existence of the Toastmasters program. As such, there are a number of special activities that a club can conduct to help its members improve their communication and leadership skills while at the same time assisting the club to grow and thrive.
Like any organization, managing a club involves several administrative duties to keep things running smoothly. The basic administration of your club will involve a number of tasks — from completing membership forms, collecting dues, and meeting deadlines to building your club's membership and communciating with Toastmasters International.
Club Officer Roles
The key to any successful club is the leadership of the club, and a large part of the Toastmasters program is building leadership skills. Being an officer in a club is one of the most effective — and rewarding — ways both to build your leadership skills and to help your club reach its goals.
The overall health of a club depends very much on the number of active members in that club. Having a larger number of members in your club generally translates into more energetic and interesting meetings, which in turns leads to a higher level of satisfaction among your club's members. Gaining new members, therefore, is a critical aspect of managing your club, and promoting your club is probably the best way to attract new members.
The links below are provided to give officers quick access to some key information found in Club Management and other sections of the District and Toastmasters International website.
- Club Officer Checklist: Details the month-to-month activities and events each club officer should be addressing.
- Speech Contest: Information about the fall and spring speech contests for members along with materials and schedule.
- Club Officer Training: Information and schedule for officer training offered throughout District 4 twice a year.
- Club Performance Report: Check your club's current status of achieving Distinguished Club goals.
- Club Leadership Central: Login to access tools and resources from Toastmasters International
- Club Leadership Handbook: PDF of manual provided to club officers
- Skills Development/Career Assessment: Table of transferable skills available to members serving as a club officer.
- VP Membership Resource Page: Key resources and reminder dates for membership VPs.
- Treasurer's Resource Page: Key resources and reminder dates for club treasurers.